Monday, December 20, 2010

A kind of Magic...

I came across this video this morning and felt as though my heart stopped. My greatest love before husbands and babies..horses..and dressage..This video to me is pure magic !!, this horse is magic, a Stallion the son of Gribaldi. Almost all of Gribaldi babies have shown an incredible talent for piaffe and passage. (Piaffe,Passage) This a beautiful testament to the talents we and they ( horses) gain from thier ancestors. Many horse professionals believe Moorlands_Totilas will be the greatest dressage horse of all time. His owner Edwards Gal once described that when he rode this horse he felt as though he had a guardian angel.
This is them competing and winning the World Freestyle (to music)Championships. You can see the horse connecting with the music its as though 3 of them the music the horse the rider are one. I always loved that in Dressage the horse is the Star not the rider : ) : ). I remember that feeling well, while practicing dressage..the key words that spring to mind are Balance,Lightness and Engagment you cannot ride a Dressage horse with heavy hands and legs. I should also note that i support dressage with the use of natural aids.Enjoy !!
 * the music has not been added this horse is actually dancing to the music. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow loved that, reminded me of you and Becky your beautiful dressage horse xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey it reminded me of Becky too.xxx

    ReplyDelete