I am in Toronto Canada and have been since the 6th of June, on the evening of the launch of our website my father suffered a massive heart attack.He was in Toronto visiting my older sister for her sons 1st birthday, my sister and her husband saved his life by giving him CPR. In the ambulance his heart stopped for 20 mins , in all that Day he was brought back 3 times.
When I arrived he was on life support the room felt empty to me if it werent for the sound of the machines, my father didn't die infact he has made by all the doctors accounts a miraculous recovery,although he hasn't completely come back to us..I guess details aren't required as we are just so happy that he is here.Today I talked with him and I asked him what he wanted to do from here on in.He said he wanted to live for now..the love I have felt for my father over the past few weeks perhaps surpasses anything that has existed between us in a long time perhaps since i was a child. Stripped down to our most vunerble states our humanity and very being, the delicacy of life and the inevitable end of it seem clear as glass.
I need this blog right now to be heard I am surrounded by people I love but cannot hear my voice.
Love and light xx
I hear you Isla, anytime...
ReplyDeleteThis love is so precious, I'm sure it'll help him to recover faster...
Love, J.
I hear you sweetie. And i can relate to that feeling of closeness. I also felt closer to my father near the end. Somehow we go back to the essential when the end nears. I am so happy for you that you were able to see him and talk with him again. As long as your father has the desire to live, and the quality of his life remains good -all things relative- every minute is golden.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you (on hols in Croatia)
Xox
S.
Dear Isla,
ReplyDeleteI hear you as well.
You thoughts are so beautifully written. I can sense this love you have for your father through your words.
I am sensing you love and many good thoughts for you and your family.
Love from Eva
Thankyou for hearing me i think of you as my invisible circle of friends i hope one day we can all have the chance to sit together ( with a few more : )...
ReplyDeleteso stressful. i always see these situations as a very very special gift, of another chance for the relationship. i mean, so many of us go without warning. my husband's father suffered a heart attack a couple of years back, and they have had a better relationship since.
ReplyDeletesending you good vibes.
i hear you.
Isla, I hear you.
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
Ronnie xo