Thursday, February 10, 2011

JK Rowling: The fringe benefits of failure | Video on TED.com

Last Night i caught the last half hour of Oprahs interview with JK Rowling... it was one of the best Oprah interviews i have seen... Rowling obvious honesty and authentic answers..especially about money and some very truthful answers from Oprah... they showed a brief clip of Rowlings speech to Harvard Alumi.. the speech is very inspiring and well worth watching.
One other point was made and this point resonated with me...that when you achieve something great the greatest mistake is to try to top that achievement, It must be a new chapter a new achievement with a life and soul of its own.


JK Rowling: The fringe benefits of failure | Video on TED.com

4 comments:

  1. Dear Isla,
    I know I have been very quiet and just followed your blog without comments. I love the way you write and the way you are in the world. Beautiful
    Love from eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely message on my blog and thanks for the follow. As Ellen would say, right back at ya.

    Dear So and So is so cathartic.

    I watched that Oprah interview a few months back and being a Harry Potter fan, was in awe. Would love to see it again.

    Liska x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading my letter to my Gran. I'd given up hope that anyone would comment on it. I think it left people wondering what to say.

    Thanks again,
    Liska
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing, i'll bookmark it and view when i use broadband next.

    "when you achieve something great the greatest mistake is to try to top that achievement"
    yes, that's pretty useful for many people.

    ReplyDelete